WOCA Hard Wax Oil Extreme is used for oil finishing of wooden floors. The product ensures an extremely hardwearing and light film-building surface. WOCA Hardwax Oil Extreme is ideal for basic finishing of any unfinished, new and newly sanded interior woodwork, or for topcoat on WOCA Colour Oils.
The unfinished woodwork should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. The floor must be completely dry and free from dirt and grease before the oil application. Recommended wood-moisture max. 12%. Product, room and floor temperature should be between 15°C–35°C. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
1. The floor can be cleaned with WOCA Wood Cleaner mixed with water 1:40 if necessary. Leave floor to dry fully before oil application.
2. Stir and mix oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed before use to avoid colour differences.
3. Apply the oil in a thin layer with a shorthaired roller (3-4 mm) or similar. Remove surplus immediately. Please note that the Hardwax Oil Extreme will get ‘tacky’ after about 15 minutes. This will vary depending on temperature, spread rate, and air flow
4. Leave the floor to dry for 8-10 hours
5. Repeat step 2-4 if a second layer if necessary or a higher shine is wanted.
6. Tools may be cleaned with WOCA Solvent.
7. The floor can be used with care the next day and is fully hardened after 3 days at normal indoor conditions. Do not clean the floor until fully hardened.
8. After the hardening time, the floor should be cleaned with Natural Soap or Oil Refresher, which leaves a protecting layer on the surface.
Regular cleaning: Natural Soap or Oil Refresher. Re-oil with WOCA Hardwax Oil Extreme or Maintenance Paste when required. Always remember to test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product. WoodCare Denmark accepts no responsibility for unintended use, damage or injury resulting from this product as a result of failure to follow the appropriate instructions.
Risk of self-ignition: Due to the risk of self-ignition it is important that sanding dust and oil wetted cloths are soaked in water and disposed of in a tightly closed container after use.