Fiddes Shellac Sanding Sealer
Established in 1996 and with over 30 years of experience, we are the industry experts in our field. Not only do we sell amazing products, we also use them, allowing us to offer expert advice unrivalled by any other company.
If you're unsure of anything or need any advice, simply give us a call on 01789 778628, or use our online chat on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Mainland UK postage rates
|Order Value||Below £50||£50 & Over|
|UK 2-3 Working Days||£4.79||FREE|
|Next Working Day||£5.99||£3.99|
|Pre 12 Midday||£10.20||£8.20|
Click here for full postage details
If you haven't already, check out our Facebook page to keep up to date with news, offers, blog posts and photos of jobs we have carried out
Just click on the facebook link below!
We are also on Instagram and Twitter . Just serach for AGWoodcare!
Manufactured from pure shellac and industrial alcohol, quick and easy to apply, Fiddes shellac sanding sealer provides an excellent natural base for a choice of finishing options.
A spirit based clear/natural sealer for interior use only, used to seal all types of new or stripped wood (including MDF) before waxing, can also be used to seal old beams without imparting any colour change and to seal in wood dyes to prevent bleeding.
Easy to apply with easy sanding without clogging the sand paper provides the perfect surface with minimum effort.
The application of sanding sealer will seal the surface allowing your final topcoats to lay on the wood much smoother, evenly and with a finer luster.
(Note; Not all advertised sanding sealers are the same.)
Available in 1L, 2.5L and 5L
(Please note 1L and 2.5L products will come in our own label, however contains official Fiddes product)
- Application: Brush / Rubber.
- Dry Time: 10 - 20 minutes.
- Coverage: 8 sqm per litre, depending on substrate and method of application.
- Coats: Two coats on hardwood, maximum of three on softwood or more porous timber.
- Thinners: Finishing Spirit / Methylated Spirits.
- Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Panelling.
- Seals the wood surface preventing the final top coats from sinking (using less wax)